More problems with noisy pipes...

Any regulars to this board may be becoming well and truly annoyed with my multiple posts -to them I apologise , and thank them for their help and patience :-)

I've been battling with my plumbing in a 4 story block for a while now. and I've certainly worked the system out. Still trying to get the council to address it, or even just let me hire a plumber - I am aware that councils have better things to spend money on, if it would solve the problem I'd gladly pay him myself. Its just a question of whether the council will let me...

The rising main goes up into the roof space via some faraway untroublesome route. Before it reaches the storage tank it branches off a series of spurs Each spur provides mains water to flats below

The two problems I've been having are water hammer and loud rushing noises from my spur, and continuous dripping and on/off filling from the tank above my bedroom.

I have suggested fitting a Torbeck side entry valve to quieten filling and reduce hammer. I also assume that each spur must have its own stopcock for ease of maintenance, so I presume I could reduce the pressure to the flat.

Finally the current spur has 7 bends in it as it snakes through almost every room in the two story flat. I have suggested running it straight up existing ductwork from the kitchen, were it is needed, to the roof. This should not, I would have thought, be a particularly large or difficult job. It eliminates pipe bends and keeps the pipe itself a long way from the bedroom!

The strange thing is the spur sounds and feels exactly as if it has water flowing through it much of the time, and yet it can't...it must just be vibrations...

Does the above sound reasonable? Cheers,

Ben

Reply to
Ben