More on light bulbs ...

May be possible but there's no guarantee of when it would be possible.

Don't remind me. It's bad enough dealing with the Swiss (Ticinese hence almost Italian), Germans, French, Luxembuggers and Belgians. At least those are the places it was snowing (heavily) last time I drove back in the snow.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Cheers - He's not located them yet and my grandson in Braunschweig is only one and a half, so there's no urgency

I'll never forget returning to germany when I lived in Milan

Snow chains were on top of my wardrobe

Set off in sunshine, started raining through the lakes, came through the tunnels and .. snow, lots of it. Had to get towed up the last 30 m of the st bernardino pass by some thieving swiss who wanted 30 Sf for doing so - a day and a half to get back to nuernberg

Reply to
geoff

HAd that a few years ago - left Como in sunshine and it started to snow as we passed Coldrerio[1]. When we got to the Gotthard tunnel it was snowing reasonably heavily. As we exited the tunnel, the snow was about five inches thick.

Oh, I was driving a Ducato based motorhome and no snow chains.

I got to Prateln but it took a full 24 hours from Como. Stopped for much needed sleep, woke to find the motorhome was snowed in up to the bottom of the windscreen. I dug us out using the dustpan - the only digging device we had. Then we set off to Calais. Thick snow all the way.

Passed a crashed snow plough in Alsace. At that point I was scared, wife had degenerated into gibbering hysterics back in Switzerland.

[1] Aptly named, both Cold and Dreary.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Whislt I agree with you Arfa about CF bulbs (I dislike them too), the term "fossil" is used sometimes to decribe a non-renewable resource. Take fossil water for example.

is water extracted from aquifers that is not renewed (or at least not renewed in any sort of useful timescale).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie