More of Mike's kittens

That is usually a female cat that has noticed that its human isn't hunting, so it brings in prey for it to practice on, just as it would for its kittens.

Reply to
Nightjar

I wonder (outside of Adam of course) how many of the catists get the other sort of action?

You can picture the likes of Tomlinson, sitting alone but surrounded by cats and Linux terminal windows. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I saw something somewhere how you are supposed to deal with that so they learn to not do it again (some cat whisperer type logic)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Actually I cannot picture that.

However my past is catching up with me.

I cannot say where I am working but one of the top brass came onto site today (basically to choose the colour the walls were to be painted[1]).

When she was introduced to me there was a bit of a silence. So she is now married and is still very attractive, slim with long red hair - just like she was back in 1996 when she was 17 and I took her to London for the weekend.

[1] women get the most important jobs:-)
Reply to
ARW

Of course you can't, your brain has now been cat mushed. ;-)

Sweet.

The general manager at my last job was also a very, tall, slim and fit (she used to go to the gym every day before work) woman.

For some strange reason, when I turned up on my first day she greeted me with a big open armed 'Tim!' and we hugged ... and that was how it was from then on (for 7 years). Initially I thought that was her std MO but it turns out it wasn't ... not that I was complaining of course ... ;-)

Happy memories ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Or course she is now too old for me.

Reply to
ARW

Allegedly not shout at them in case they think it's not sufficient, and bag something bigger.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

What's her annual income after tax?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Probably not.

I can't remember what you were supposed to do but in cat logic it means 'I don't need any more dead animals thanks'.

Talking of dead animals, I went round a mates this afternoon and on the way some stupid cat ran out in front of me and then just froze in the middle of the road. If it wasn't for the fact I expect to come across cats in the road (rarely any other animals, especially dogs) and that I was going fairly slowly I was able to stop before it lost all 7 of it's lives in one go. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have seen it suggested that you swap the body for a catnip toy when the cat isn't looking. The theory being that, eventually, the cat will start to bring you the toy instead. It is not something I have tried.

Reply to
Nightjar

there are bronies

No, they have plastic butterflies.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

No idea, but today she handed over a hand made sketch of what she would like and where in the new "kitchen".

It was totally different to the official plans and of course now everything is first fixed and the walls have been painted.

Reply to
ARW

I do that too.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I have had my run of road animals hits.

A couple of dogs (both lived), a couple of cats (both dead), several rabbits (all dead), a fox (dead) and a couple of teenagers (unfortunately not dead).

Reply to
ARW

Daughter and b/f hit a small deer (Muntjac) in Scotland and killed it outright. [1] Apart from a broken headlamp and number plate they thought they had got away with no other damage.

When I got the chance to check it over I found the bumper (lower body trim) had been pushed back onto the inner crumple crash bar and that in turn was pushed back to about 6 inches to about 1/2 inch off the radiator.

We took the crash bar off and even with two of us standing on it it didn't give (we were replacing it of course).

Two things ... only goes so show how much damage even a small animal can do to a car and how tough these bumpers can be in that it must have both transferred all that impact to the crash bar behind it and deflected a good 8+ inches as it did so but it survived the experience with little damage itself.

Back to cats ... daughter has a laugh from her cat-brain-mushed assistant the other day. She was stroking a cat and it seemed happy and was purring etc. Then, for no explicable reason (apart from it being a cat and so a c*&t), it slashed her finger with it's claw then carried on purring ... ?

At that point I think I would have drop kicked it several gardens away ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] I think I understand that if you kill a wild animal like that, you can't take it home but the car behind you can?
Reply to
T i m

Only applies if (a) there is a car behind you; and (b) that car is the police, factor or bailiff's

Otherwise proceed as in Gralloching 1.

:-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I guess I should have said 'legally'. ;-)

'Luckily', daughters b/f at the time (and actually driving the car) was familiar with all that sort of thing (gamekeeper, so went back and ensured the animal was indeed dead and moved it to the side of the road) but was also pretty sure that our (vegetarian) daughter wouldn't appreciate the remains of said deer on her lap in the otherwise full car for the remaining trip home. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m