Modern locks are a pest

Agreed, so no point in any security measures whatsoever. I broke into my neighbour's house by removing the seal around their window then lifting the glazing out.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Mostly correct, except I don't have one, I'd remove it if I did.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You haven't a clue what goes on in bearings, have you? Oil aeration is a bearing killer and it's happening when you have low oil, that's even before the light comes on.

If you don't mind, I'll use my 55 years in the motor trade instead. I have seen more than a few drivers who lack common sense. You are one such.

Reply to
Xeno

Xeno: It's 'Commander Kinsey', fully paid up underbridge dweller.

"You haven't a clue" is all that you need to say

Nah. he's just winding you up.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What's stupid about wanting a door to be easy to operate?

Why make things more complicated than they have to be?

It is not better to have to use two hands to lock the f****ng door!

They do on every single door, even 7 point ones, when you're opening it.

Not possible to move that much stuff with a tiny key.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You don't need thre prefix "brute" to break a flimsy little key. Keys are not designed to move 7 locks simultaneously.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then your light is defective. Clearly any designer with an ounce of common sense makes the car warn you at a point earlier than when damage occurs. Otherwise, why have the light?

Ah, the motor trade, so you're a dumb ass mechanic. I know people like you. And I've had people like you fired.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Oh, another idiot who can't handle an opinion other than his own.

Nope, just trying to educate him.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The dumb Speed never nails anything. I buy a vehicle for £500, use it for 4 years, then scrap it getting £120 back for the metal. That's a pretty small price for a working vehicle.

And if it fails to warn me before something catastrophic happens, well that's poor design by the fuckwits that made the car. I only lose out on up to £380.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Thankyou for the compliment. Scots are morons.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

They'll just use the windows instead.

And don't forget, the harder you make it for burglars, the harder it is for you when you forget your keys.

If you turn it on, 50% of your street will immediately hate you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Then why have the light at all if the designer is too f****ng stupid to make it come on at the right time?

BTW my car, which is 18 years old, does not have a light. It has an electronic guage. It checks the sump level every time I turn on the ignition. If it's a bit on the low side, it warns me.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Your brain is defective. The aerated oil will *still* have *pressure*. It takes very little pressure, a few psi, to extinguish the light. It is the air bubbles from the aeration that cause the oil to be unable to take the load noting that it is not the *supply oil pressure* that is critical but the wedging pressure in the bearings and that will be negatively affected buy oil aeration. Read up on hydrodynamic lubrication and educate yourself.

Yeah, right!

Reply to
Xeno

Yep, the engineer who designed *your car* has determined that even an idiot light is not sufficient for your level of idiocy.

BTW, note spelling - gauge.

Reply to
Xeno

It doesn't matter how the system works. There's clearly no point in having a light to warn you that your engine is already f***ed. The designers need a clue stick.

My car measures the level of spare oil in the sump very time I turn on the ignition. I can see it usually lighting 6/6 LEDs. If it's less, I know how much to add.

Yip. Markup. It's theft.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

What would be better is gauges and lights that convey useful information. What is the point in telling the driver that he ran out of oil 40 miles ago?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So the solution was to make a light which is meaningless.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

No, the engineer decided it would be a good idea to simply tell the driver when he needs to add oil, not that he should have added it last week. Does your stomach tell you you're hungry after you've died of starvation?

Get your OCD treated.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The complexity is needed because of *simple users*.

Many doors require but one hand. Maybe the designer decided you needed mental exercise.

The mechanism internally takes care of the load. Think of car window regulators (winders) - note how manually winding a side window up or down seems to require about equal force - and not a lot at that. A little complication in the window regulator makes life much easier for the weak at the knees people like you. Of course, even that wasn't enough so manufacturers now fit motorised window regulators - such is the lack of brain power of the users.

Reply to
Xeno

Ain't that the truth! ;-)

Reply to