Modern Circular Fluorescent Light Fitting

I was in a National Trust Tea Room today and saw some lights that I really liked - with a view to having a couple in my kitchen to replace an old but effective strip light. I thought the trademark I could see was "Hacen" but Googling has brought no results.

I wondered if anyone had seen anything like then?

They were a disc of white glass of about 2 feet diameter, with a lightly frosted section below the circular tube. The reflector and control gear was in a shallow dome above the flat glass disc. Some were suspended from wires - one was fixed directly to the ceiling.

Any thoughts on a source?

Reply to
John

Try looking here:

Bruce

I work in a school and we have in newly built toilets what look like circular fluorescent fittings but are actually powered by 28W2D lamps. The diffusers make the ;light look like that from a circular fluorescent.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

No luck at John Lewis - they were definitely a circular tube. I guess I may have to return and get a bit 'obvious' about looking for a name - which would have to be on the top. The logo I saw might have been something to do with the glass.

Reply to
John

Hope you are an NT member or the entry fee will buy you a new power tool.

Reply to
rrh

The entry fee is set high to exclude riff-raff like us. ;-)

It's a long time since I visited a National Trust property. :-(

Reply to
Bruce

Don't need to pay to get to the tea room at this property (Sudbury Hall in Derbyshire)

Reply to
John

You don't pay to get in the tea room.

Entry fees for houses and grounds are no worse than for similar privately owned attractions.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

At quite a few of them, you don't need to pay to get into the gift shop, either. The tea rooms are often very good, but the gift shops seem to sell nothing but highly priced tat.

Reply to
Bruce

Annual NT membership is very good value and includes free use of useful carparks in the Lake District .

Reply to
robert

If anyone is interested, I e-mailed the NT at the property and their Estate manager gave me the information I needed and was able to track this down.

agree about the membership - We have been members for years and find it provides us with a means of taking many low cost visits to some beautiful places. Many houses improve over the years. If we don't get our money worth - then it has gone to a good cause.

Reply to
John

Coo - "complimentary downlighters available" not often you get freebies like that....oh they meant complementary. Damn

Reply to
Bob Mannix

look nice. Although not suitable for my house there are a few other things on the site that may be.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

>> They look nice. Although not suitable for my house there are a few other

I also came across this whilst searching. It has given me some ideas as I would like some spotlights in our dining room - but due to the directions of joists I don't see it as an easy task to install them.

See what you think.

Reply to
John

I can see why it interested you - hate to think what they cost !

Reply to
robert