MK 1G 2W Wide Rocker Switch

Hi

How do you get the front off of this kind of switch? There don't appear to be any screws!!

The Medway Handyman

Pure Guess - lever off the bezel with a thin screwdriver blade - probably to reveal the fixing/attachment screws.?

Why not buy some and give us the answer to your puzzle - alternatively; phone Screwfix's help line- (I've done this in the past when puzzled about 'how does that work?' Whenever I've tried them, they've been helpful, patient and knowledgeable.

HTH

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

I had some similar ones (I don't think they were made by MK though) ones, and they worked exactly as Brian said - with the switch in the "on" position, you could put a thin-bladed screwdriver down between the edge of the switch and the back panel and prise the switch off to reveal the gubbins.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

The technical and product data PDF files available from

don't say, so it's probably thought to be trivial...

There's a technical help request form at - you could try that...

Reply to
mark_bluemel

Almost.

It's the other way round.

Look at the side of the rocker and you will see a small slot. It may be necessary to operate said rocker to reveal it as there is only one.

Insert a screwdriver and gently prise out the rocker paddle. This will reveal the fixing screws.

The rocker paddle pops back into place afterwards

It's a nice product design.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not on these. It's the rocker paddle that comes out.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

We have something similar by Tenby and it's the rocker which prises off to reveal the screws.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Andy Hall contains these words:

I think that's what he said!

Reply to
Guy King

I was clarifying the point since Brian had already talked about levering off the bezel.

There is another design where there is a front plate bezel and a back plate to the switch...

Reply to
Andy Hall