Mixer tap with lo pressure hot and hi pressure cold ?

I'm installing a new basin/mixer in my downstairs cloakroom (where the old basin had two separate taps). Now as the cold is fed by the rising main, and the hot by the tank in the loft I have a pressure imbalance to cope with. I believe this requires a pressure reducer valve on the cold feed. I also require each feed to have a single check valve to prevent cross flow between hot water and rising main. Then I also wanted to add a service valve to each feed so I can turn off the water to the basin.

The pipes come through the wall from the kitchen behind kitchen cabinets, and I don't have a lot of room to install all this stuff below the basin. Unfortunately the mixer tap doesn't have built in service valves. Are there any clever fittings that combine say the single check valve with a service valve, or a pressure reducer with a check valve and service valve ? Tony

Reply to
TonyB

Are you sure? If the "mixer" doesn't mix the waters until they exit the spout then you don't do you? Check the design of your mixer tap.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I did a similar thing in the kitchen with a posh lever arm mixer. Only to discover it was really intended for high pressure only. As most of these things are these days. So have you actually tried yours yet? I ended up adding a pump to the hot rather than reducing the cold flow.

Are you sure you need this?

Where flow is a problem as likely with the hot, best to use full bore valves.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Reply to
TonyB

I hope not, as the hot flows pretty well, and drives mixer taps in the kitchen with no problem.

According to the tap manufacturer, apparently I do ? I guess it depends on the mixer design.

OK. The tank is 2 floors up in the loft, so flow rate isn't bad.....

Thanks Tony

Reply to
TonyB

Yep. A pump for one tap. Amazing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

It is, isn't it? If you need instructions on how to fit one feel free to ask.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would never be so dumb as to fit a pump on one tap, so do not need your instructions.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You obviously don't know anything about 'designer' mixers which are only for high pressure supplies, then. But if you ask nicely I'll help you out.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Very sad - I offer to help you and get an insult instead. Typical of a know it all amateur.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Doctor Drivel" saying something like:

Ah, you're back.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Please eff off you are a total loony.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

And the treatment obviously failed again.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Go on, tag them:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

I think "escaped" was the word you were looking for

(one flew over the drivels nest)

Reply to
geoff

Please eff off you are a total plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Maxie! Do not think! It is not good for you at all. Remember the voices the last time you did this.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In message , Doctor Drivel writes

Ah - so that's what they took you in for this time

I would have thought that you shouldn't have these problems after they fried your frontal lobes

Trepanning is your next step - let the evil sprits out

Reply to
geoff