MiraScreen

When using Zoom etc in the kitchen, I plug the TV into the laptop via an HDMI cable. Not only for the bigger picture, but to use the sound system too.

But the cable is not only untidy but a trip hazard too.

So bought a MiraScreen HDMI dongle. Which powers up nicely from a USB socket on the TV. Mirrors the laptop pic and sound on the TV via Wi-Fi.

After quite a bit of faffing around got it working OK.

But can't find a way of muting the laptop internal speakers. The laptop sound system does not recognise MiraScreen as an alternative to them - unlike the HDMI cable which showed the TV sound system, so you could select the one you wanted.

Any suggestions other than a dummy jack into the headphone socket?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Stick a dummy jackplug in.

Reply to
jon

That was the Google answer. It kills both feeds.

But having a longer play, the latency over Wi-Fi is too great. Both pictures and audio.

So playing again with the direct connection mode. Which seems tied in to the laptop display settings. But to get a true duplicate, you need to load the prog you want first (like say Zoom) Once connected, you don't seem to be able to change it. But in that mode it does allow TV sound only - and little or no latency. Slowly getting there. Help for it both paper and online near non existent.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Try this, right click on the sound icon in the bottom right tray on the screen, go to 'open sound settings' and have a look at 'choose your sound output device' see if the remote device is displayed.

Reply to
jon

You might be able to install a virtual cable, send the sound to it, and not use the output of the cable. And that would prevent sound from going to the speakers. And since the virtual cable is still running, the Mirascreen might still be copying the sound from before that point and sending it to the TV set.

VBCABLE_Driver_Pack43.zip (1.09 MB - OCT 2015 / XP to WIN10 32/64 bits)

I think that cable might be a lazy way of fixing missing Stereo Mix problems. I've not had reason here to test or use that. During Zoom, I wear headphones. I don't care what it looks like. I want clean sound, that's how I get it.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Pair of headphones plugged in, are you sure it cannot be done in the sound control panel bit of Windoze? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I remember trying to set up bluetooth sound connection to my remote speakers and couldn't see the 'digital sound' item in the sound control panel. In the end I had to connect a 3.5mm headset before it would show. It seems to set a flag somewhere and stores this info.

Reply to
jon

Of course. But progs like Zoom allow you to select the speakers (and mic) from a drop down menu. With the HDMI cable, the TV appeared as that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News