Using Gridwall in the kitchen

SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and small pots.
It's chromed steel, and I'd have to cut it down to fit - I need about 2' square and the smallest panel I can find is 2' x 4'. OK, that's easy, but I'm a little concerned about rust where the cuts would be in a sometimes steamy kitchen.
Should I be concerned, is there something unobtrusive to treat the cuts with, or is there a stainless version?
Cheers
--
Clive

On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:15:59 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:

It will certainly rust if not protected. There's always clear epoxy.
NT

Yes but would you actually notice? Perhaps you can find little caps/sleeves to suit? (Not sure what the diameter is). Or sleeve the cut ends with a little length of black sticky heat shrink?

I could tin the cuts I suppose. I wonder if that would help?
Cheers
--
Clive

On 18/12/2017 08:40, Clive Arthur wrote:

You might find that difficult, varnish would be easier.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I had to cut down some steel bolts for a fitting inside my touring caravan. More in hope than expectation, I put a dob of clear varnish (as I had some on the shelf) on the ends, and they have so far lasted 10 years without any sign of corrosion.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On Sunday, 17 December 2017 15:15:59 UTC, Clive Arthur wrote:

It'll probably last long enough until she changes her mind.
Owain