Using Gridwall in the kitchen

SWMBO wants to use Gridwall in the kitchen to hang large utensils and small pots.

It's chromed steel, and I'd have to cut it down to fit - I need about 2' square and the smallest panel I can find is 2' x 4'. OK, that's easy, but I'm a little concerned about rust where the cuts would be in a sometimes steamy kitchen.

Should I be concerned, is there something unobtrusive to treat the cuts with, or is there a stainless version?

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

It will certainly rust if not protected. There's always clear epoxy.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes but would you actually notice? Perhaps you can find little caps/sleeves to suit? (Not sure what the diameter is). Or sleeve the cut ends with a little length of black sticky heat shrink?

Reply to
newshound

I could tin the cuts I suppose. I wonder if that would help?

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

I had to cut down some steel bolts for a fitting inside my touring caravan. More in hope than expectation, I put a dob of clear varnish (as I had some on the shelf) on the ends, and they have so far lasted 10 years without any sign of corrosion.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

You might find that difficult, varnish would be easier.

Reply to
newshound

It'll probably last long enough until she changes her mind.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog