Mira Sport 10.8kw shower won't switch on...

Been on holiday for a week, got back looking forward to a shower, flipped on the isolation switch - which lit as normal. Went into the bathroom, no power light on the shower. Everything worked fine before we left!

Switched off the isolation switch.

Took the cover off the shower, eletrical screwdriver indicated that there was power at the first electrical connector off the incoming mains supply.

So where do I look now? There doesn't appear to be any loose wires.

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Bilton

Chuck out that "electrical screwdriver" and get something that will give a more reliable indication of the precense of mains.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Could it be the relay that switches power to the heater is duff ? On mine, there were two, for 'low' and 'high' power. The connections to the circuit board had become open circuit (joint melted from too much current I think). This was only visible on the rear of the board, not noticeable when viewed just with casing removed. The relays were passing about 20 amps each, but the rating stamped on the side said 10amps max. Hmm. Replaced whole unit to be safe, rather than try to repair. hth Neil

Reply to
Neil

Thanks Neil,

It's been suggested elsewhere that it's the PCB and with a replacement costing =A380 quid, I'm tempted to replace the whole think as if it's not the PCB, I'm halfway to a new unit...?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Bilton

Have you done some proper diagnostics on the incoming supply yet? A missing neutral would give the same symptoms and would fool the neon screwdriver.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup