Minimum distance between a kitchen socket and the kitchen sink?

If socket stays where it is, it will be under the boiler. If boiler leaks, that would mean water getting into the double socket...

Thus, I have to move a double socket in preparation for a new boiler.

I can move it to the left which then makes it much closer to the kitchen sink. Whats the minimum distance required between the kitchen sink and a wall mounted socket?

I can't move it to the right as it would then be up against the corner of the wall so it would have to move onto the adjacent wall.

Regards,

Stephen.

Reply to
Stephen H

Depends. Drivel installations etc:-)

And how many CUs are under bathrooms where a leak would fill the CU with water?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Hmm Mine is !

Bang (sic!) under the loo.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In a DIY group?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If its one owns socket then who cares. something that was deemed safe earlier is no less safe now, only the goal posts have been moved. I have a t least three sockets in my kitchen very close to the sink. the reason of course is that the kitchen is so small there is no way to put them anywhere else!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff