Miele Dishwasher Tablets Not Dropping

Hi,
We have a Miele dishwasher which is a few years old. The wash cycles are completing and the tablet flap opens but there's just a gungey tablet left in there which hasn't dropped. Consequently the contents isn't getting cleaned properly.
I always make sure the compartment is wiped bone dry and we've tried both Finish and Fairy tablets but they're both doing the same. Right now we've got Finish Quantum and i've just gone out and bought Fairy Performance ones to see if that would help but to no avail.
Any ideas?
Cheers.
something like:

Spring load the tablet.
saying

It's already in a sprung loaded compartment where the tablet should just fall from.
something like:

Yebbut, all the solenoid does is open the door, it doesn't eject the tablet. If you fasten a flat spring behind the tablet... It will take a little farting around to get the right strength of spring, but it'll be easy to do.

Are the spray arms going round? If they're stuck, that may be a reason the tablet doesn't get flushed out.

I use liquid dishwasher detergent. I can vary the dose according to how much dirt is in there.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the spray arms are going around. I think either a warning light comes on or the machine doesn't work if they aren't

Hmmm, I might have to try some of that if all else fails. I'd rather be able to use the most modern tablets though.

RedOnRed wrote:

Well the flap on our Bosch failed completely and was going to cost some huge sum fore a replacement... so for the last couple of years we've just been dropping the tablet into the cutler holder before switching on. Can't say I've noticed any detrimental effect on the cleaning quality at all: so IIWY I'd give that a go yourself before worrying any further!
David
Lobster wrote on May 30, 2009:

With my Bosch it would make a difference. It does a preliminary rinse before releasing the tablet. It then measures the cloudiness of the rinse water, and if very dirty it flushes the rinse water out and refills to do the main wash. If the rinse water is fairly clean though, it will retain the same water for the main wash.
--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

That wastes the tablet during the initial rinse (maybe program dependent but our bosch rinses before washing). Occasionally the flap will open when you shut the door. The tablet falls out easily so it certainly doesn't require jets from the rotor to flush it out.
Maybe the tablet compartment is letting water in do the tablet is dissolving and sticking before the flap opens.
MBQ
Man at B&Q wrote on Jul 9, 2009:

My Bosch measures the opacity of the first rinse water and either discharges it after rinsing if too dirty or otherwise retains it for the main wash
--
Mike Lane
UK North Yorkshire

I just lob the tablets in the bottom of my Bosch. Technically there is probably an optimal time in the cycle that the tablet/powder is supposed to be added, but it doesn't seem to degrade performance.

My dishwasher opens the detergent door as soon as it's finished draining the water that it thinks might be in the bottom of the dishwasher when there isn't any water. Occasionally the detergent door doesn't open, so I just put the detergent in without shutting the door.

As another suggested I would look at the spay arm. Mine had a bit of egg shell which blocked a hole when under pressure - but usually fell away when I tried to pick it out. I ended up removing the spray arm and getting it out. As it was blocking an end hole it would interfere with rinsing out the dispenser.

My Miele has holes in the very end of the spray rotor that spins below the cup tray. The jet from these end holes should wash out the tablet compartment, maybe these are blocked. If they're not blocked, then either the rotor isn't spinning, or you're not getting sufficient water pressure to the rotor for the jet from the end holes to reach the tablet compartment properly. This rotor is attached to the cup tray, and the water coupling at the back will only seal adequately if the tray is pushed right to the back (although closing the door ensures this) but I'd guess that you're losing water pressure at this coupling.
I have a Miele dishwasher that had the same problem (half dissolved tablet)
I noticed that that happens only when I fill up the dishwasher in such a way that some items obstruct the free rotation of the spray arms.
--
asalcedo

Isn't that like saying, It only hurts when I laugh Doctor.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%