Miele dishwasher help

So our Miele G5500 tripped the RCD yesteday very early in its cycle and continued to do so. I connected it to a mains circuit not on the RCD and it doesn't trip the fuse but after a minute comes up with the tap symbol and the world 'inlet' and stops. I've checked and cleaned the filter in the fill hose contraption. But no go.

Any ideas? I know there's a valve in the box in the inlet hose - maybe a new hose or valve?

Reply to
John Smith

New valve sounds favourite

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yep - if it's tripping the RCD it suggests there's a leakage current from live to earth. That would point the finger towards electrical components in contact with water.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Martin

Google takes you to the problem solution in the manual immediately

Reply to
Martin

It points to an overload.

RTFM

Water intake isrestricted.RemedyBefore rectifying theproblem:? Switch the dishwasher offusing the On/Off buttonK.? Open the stopcock fully.? Check the water inlet filterand clean it if necessary(see "Maintenance")

Reply to
Martin

On my now scrapped Bosch it was (twice) the heater element burning out

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, and RCD tripping is not an 'overload'

It is a short to earth typically.

New heater or pump prolly

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Had the fault diagnosed - needs:

new PCB - £418 new dispenser mechanism - £132

machine was £735 new.

I don't think so. I'm going to call Miele to see if they'll stand by their machine before we get rid. It's only 7 years old, which isn't old for a Miele.

Reply to
John Smith

The dishwashers are pretty poor compared to the washing machines. Our Miele isn't as good as the Bosch which preceded it. The baskets are going rusty and I've had to tie-wrap the top sprinkler on to stop it from falling off all the time.

Reply to
Huge

I have now bought a secondhand Miele from a semi-retired appliance engineer in South London, giving him the bust Miele in part exchange.

He has taken it apart and found it was the wash pump that has failed - nothing to do with PCB or dispenser, so i'm going to ask for my money back from the firm that claimed to diagnose the fault.

I'm tempted to report them to trading standards if they don't refund - strikes me some of these firms you find on the internet are scams to sell new machines but they seemed plausible and sent an 'engineer' when they said they would.

Reply to
John Smith

Hello have you got contact details for the meille ex engineer

Reply to
Del