Blocked inlet filter on dishwasher problem

My dishwasher (Hotpoint FDD914) stops after a minute with a code that indicates the inlet filter is blocked. The instruction manual says to clean the filter but not how and I can't work out how to do it though I have taken out the outside filter and that looks OK. I think the filter unit has a device controlled by the dishwasher to turn off the inlet if there's an error to stop flooding so wonder if this is faulty. Rather tempted to just put on an old hose. Any ideas?

Reply to
TC

Really? The manual seems to imply it's at the tap but it isn't very clear

Reply to
TC