dishwasher door wont close

Hi all.

I have a "simpson" brand dishwasher, with a stainless steel door.

All of a sudden, its decided not to allow me to close the door.

  1. Ive looked the the instruction manual for troubleshooting that problem and it doesnt exist.
  2. Ive taken out the baskets and even removed the catch at the top but it still wont close, leading me to beleive its neither of those things.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Albert Ng

You dont have one arm in there when you try to close it, do you? Cause that will do it every time with a simpson!

Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam! Doh! Slam!

Reply to
Matt

thanks matt, I tried that one too!

Reply to
Albert Ng

In alt.home.repair on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 22:01:16 GMT "Albert Ng" posted:

Because it's probalby rare, and because sometimes the trouble shooting section only gives the easiest problems like Not plugged in.

If you pay close attention, maybe push a bit on one side at a time, you should be able to tell which side the problem is. I haven't had this problem, but it is probably imo part of the hinge on the left side or the right. Some of this will be visibile if you remove the kick panel (two screws probably), and if necessary more will be visible if you pull the dishwasher out a few inches. To move it, you probably have to disonnect the copper water supply tube, which means you first have to turn off the valve, which is probably under the sink. Make sure you turn off the dishwasher and not the cold water to the sink.

Something is probably caught on something else, or maybe bent and catching on something, and you just have to look closely. When you find it, you may be able to bend it back and not spend any money on parts, or maybe you will need a part.

I know nothing about your particular brand. Except Matt raises a good ppint.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman

ah oliver sudden did it. he breaks lots of things. i suspect oliver sudden or one of his kids sat on the door when it was open or something like that....

randy

Reply to
xrongor