Mid Position Valve question (Drayton MA1)

Hello,

I just removed the valve actuator (very simple, just pull off) and noticed the valve spindle can only turn through a very small angle (about 10 degrees). Is this normal? This seems odd as it's not turning through the angles to match the WMH lever at the side of the actuator.

The actuator seems stuck in the H (heating position)...

Cheers,

George.

Reply to
George

If it's like other mid-position valves I've come across, it should turn through 90 degrees between HW and CH - with the mid-position being at 45 degrees.

Is the CH/HW system not behaving as expected?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Its probably knackered. Its a common issue with Drayton actuators. Grip the shaft with a pair of grips and see if you can rotate it. Chances are you will be able to but it will feel rough. If this is the case-new valve body required.

Reply to
Psst