MFI Collapses

But then, this is hardly news is it?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nope. My brother stupidly ordered up some spares from them for an oven they'd supplied as part of a package. They debited his card immediately - but they weren't forthcoming despite them claiming they had them when he ordered by phone.

He doesn't bother with computers ;-) so I said I'd try and find what he wanted elsewhere. Took all of a couple of minutes - and at half the price he'd paid to MFI. Delivered the next day.

Last I heard he was still arguing about getting his money back.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

MFI collapses ?? Just like their products then! Wavey Dave

Reply to
Dave

Might have been true in the early years but not more recently...well not in my experience but of course ,the myth survives.

Reply to
fictitiousemail

Myth my arse. MFI stuff has been crap from start to end.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Credit card company, unless it was paid by debit card.

Reply to
Steve Firth

There was a topic in here not so long agl and that wasn't everyone experience nor was it mine .

Reply to
fictitiousemail

£100+ of course .
Reply to
fictitiousemail

In which case the administrators have a form you can fill in to claim. They reckon the money is their to pay people who paid by cash/cheque or debit card

Reply to
chris French

Yes, and a few people state (repeatedly) that their Rover car wasn't crap. However the vast majority were.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Quite agree. We have had two MFI wall units laden with books and Hi-Fi stuff from when we first set up house in 1978. They have been dismantled and reassembled for house moves and shunted around during re-decorations and extension building in two houses without problems.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

It's still worth pursuing even if

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Indeed. We bought 4 fold up wooden kitchen chairs there twenty years ago. Still using them.

Reply to
Alang

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

A couple of years ago, I was looking for some cheap cupboards for the office.

I looked in the MFI round the corner - and promptly went to Ikea, where I got some _far_ better quality ones for a lot less.

Reply to
Adrian

The kitchen I'm referring to is ok as low priced kitchens go. Certainly the equal of Ikea, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah,so YOU was the one. Wavey Dave

Reply to
Dave

Best thing for everyone apart from the staff IMHO

Sinks, Showers MP3 Players & Spy Gadgets

Reply to
JSM Distribution

MFI collapses? Now you know where all those excess nuts, bolts, and screws were supposed to have gone. :-)

Reply to
Howard Neil