rubbish paint pod

I have a paint pod and am actually going to be throwing it away. It's a waste of money. The coats are too thin, it has a dodgy button which will not work when I want it to, then decides to work and not stop...so paint ends up all over the floor, and do not get me started on the cleaning function! Even putting it through the cleaning 3 times it still comes out covered in paint. Much easier getting cheap rollers and throwing them away afterwards.
I end up in less pain with the conventional roller too. Taking breaks to get more paint eases my neck muscles!!
I would also like to say the advert is a load of rubbish. You cannot paint a room as quick as that. You still need to do all the cutting in. Very misleading.
Just wish I kept the receipt to get my money back :(

I saw something somewhere (probably on this ng) that mentioned that mobile phones can interfere with the messages between paint head and pod.

You don't actually need a receipt. Proof of purchase can be made with a bank or credit card statement...assuming you paid by DC or CC. Or try the 'goodwill' of the retailer. It wasn't B&Q was it?
Don.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com coughed up some electrons that declared:

I have a couple of nice rollers - I rinse mine as much as possible under running water (5 mins or so), then chuck in the washing machine on a no spin 40C "delicates" cycle - perfectly clean every time.

I would consider using rollers if someone could explain how to stop that fine spray of paint that gets everywhere except on the wall or ceiling. Meanwhile I will stick to a 6 inch brush for walls and ceilings and a 1 inch for cutting in
Alang coughed up some electrons that declared:

I've got something like one of these and it works with minimal splatter.
http://www.toolbaydirect.co.uk/product_info.php?id088&catid
HTH
Tim

Run the roller slowly. Really. I very rarely get a splash on me when painting ceilings now, and I have done a lot of ceilings this year. Good quality rollers also help, along with good quality paint. I think the paint used is the main point, I always use Crown Trade emulsion, as it is far better than any other paint I have used this year.
However, their Trade Gloss has gone right down in my opinion this week after having to paint some doors twice, as it was so patchy. Alan.

Alang wrote:

if you use a genuine sheepskin roller, spray is cut to a minimum, it's only cheapo immitation fleece and worse still, sponge that causes fine spray.
They clean out easier too and therefore don't waste as much paint.
--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008
On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 19:22:37 +0000, Alang wrote:

Larger diameter rollers are available, the lower rotational speed means that there is less chance of paint being thrown off.
SteveW
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 20:26:40 +0000, Steve Walker

Tried them many years ago and still got afine spray all over everything. Thy are just about usable if everything is covered and the user is in a tent
coughed up some electrons that declared:

Me too but don't tell the Mrs I do ;-)
John

Same here - except I put them through a 1600 rpm spin as well. They come out clean, fluffed up and pretty much dry :-)
Minimal spray using half decent (top of range wickes - can't remember what they are called) rollers. Better fake fleece and also a larger size which helps (they also come with a round plastic scraper thing that removes a scary amount of paint from the roller before I subject it to the washing machine (probably just as well... :-)
Darren

John coughed up some electrons that declared:

*that's* why I'm careful to given them good pre-rinse under the tap - rollers hold a surprisingly large amount of pigment sludge - I would be sure too much left and it will come to rest in all the wrong places in the machine and block pipes.
BTW - if you really want your "lads" chopped off, try washing old rags soaked in danish oil.
Stinks for weeks.
Yes I did...
Never again!
Cheers
Tim
On Dec 20, 3:54pm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I read somewhere that the Earlex powered roller system is much better.
Was thinking getting one of those.
Don't like normal rollers much. Pads seem to work a lot better for me but I dislike painting that much that I'm open to any ideas!