Mermaid shower panels - any good?

I'm thinking of using mermaid shower panels in the new bathroom, has anyone had any experience? where's the cheapest place to buy?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In message , Dave writes

Yes, I lined our en-suite shower room with them about 5 years ago, including the shower cubicle. Still look as good as the day they were installed. I fitted them myself, including the aluminium extrusions, and was very careful to ensure that all joints were completely filled with mastic as per the fitting instructions. I used Bodyline PU sealant in the joints rather than Sikaflex as recommended by Mermaid, simply because the Bodyline range is about half the price of Sikaflex, bought trade from a local motor factors.

As for the cheapest supplier, ISTR I got a brochure from Mermaid with a list of local suppliers, and phoned round to get the best price. I got the wall panels from a local Bathroom and Plumbing centre, but I also bought some of the Mermaid ceiling panels for another project, and they were cheaper from Travis Perkins.

Overall, very pleased with them, but they're not cheap!

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stokes