Mercury AeroGel and carbon 60 on BBC4

Program 3 of the annual Royal Institution was shown on 30th December.

If you are curious to see a canon ball floating in mercury (thank god the HSE jobsworths didn't prevent this demo) and aerogel on 'display' (not much to see really). I expect it will be on the Iplayer for a few days - not that I use the iPlayer so I cannot advise in that respect.

There is some pink goo like a huge tongue in the background but I must have been distracted as to its purpose.

Andrew

Reply to
ad

In message , ad writes

I expect most people watched it on TV

Did you never have silly putty as a kid ?

Oh - should have noticed, a googlegroupie

Reply to
geoff