Master brand combination lock default number?

A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a key in outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination lock, I forgot about it till recently, unfortunately I have forgotten the original default unlock number. I have tried the obvious ones (0000, 1111 0123, 1234 etc.), but the question is has anyone got the packaging or remember the default number for the lock. B and Q sell them, as do screwfix, toolstation etc.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

It only takes about 20 minutes to try them all...

Reply to
Huge

mrcheerful . has brought this to us :

You can easily feel the wheels drop into the correct places, if you put light pressure on the lock whilst turning the dials. Start with the wheel which has most resistance upon it, whilst pressing the lock apart.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Combination locks usually are set as 0000 as default. If you have lost it and it's a 4 digit lock, , the combination is 10x10x10x10 or 10,000 posible combinations - rather more that 20 mins I suspect.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

I have tried this, but the wheels are recessed, as is the release handle. I'll have to visit ba nd q and hope there is one already open. At the moment it is taking the place of a rubiks cube, everyone trying combinations!!

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I got given some combination padlocks a few years ago, which had been set and the combinations forgotten. I opened them all in a sufficiently short period of time that it failed to impinge on my memory.

(BTW, don't forget that, on average, you only need to try half of the combinations.)

Reply to
Huge