Make sure you workshop shelves are fixed securely

Any common factors, such as who services them, fits tyres etc?

Reply to
Andy Burns

5 vans in one village in one night? One of them belonging to a Doncaster based company. I doubt it.

Just a targeted village for the night by a team of thieving scum.

Reply to
ARW

That rules out a relay device then...

Is there the slightest chance someone could have jammed your signal when you locked it - or do you always check for the chirp/flash/whatever your van does?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I can see mine is locked as the mirrors fold in.

Doesn't stop me going and checking all the windows are fully closed though!!!

Reply to
Tim Watts

Ignore that - I see you say "key" a few posts sideways.

Do those vans have any known (to google) weak points for thieves?

I suppose it's possible they might have use the old fashioned approach of raking/bumping the lock. Having watched a lot of "The Lock Picking Lawyer" YT vids (good fun BTW, recommend his channel) it's scary how fast he can open some locks with a rake or an electric bump tool. We're talking seconds. Even the multi-sided spindle car locks have pick tools available for not many ££ on Amazon etc.

Reply to
Tim Watts

yes, that's what I listen for as I'm walking away in the supermarket car-park etc. I can see if mine is locked from my phone

phone will tell me that too, plus sunroof, bonnet and boot ... it's not exactly a must-have feature though

Reply to
Andy Burns

You've ruled out the signal relay attack, and the jam/replay attack ... just seems odd that multiple vehicle types are vulnerable without someone having had (even brief) access to the keys to set you all up for it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

and who has had access to a disparate group of vans in one small location? A garage maybe.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That was why I asked about servicing, tyre-fitting ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

What have you got?

I'm going to be able to get my hands on a 3D printer soon and the first job will be a key fob container that stops "pocket presses" of the stupid open-tailgate button - the most seriously retarded "feature" known to man...

Reply to
Tim Watts

A5 sportback. I believe all the 'connected' features spring from the recent requirement to automatically report the car's location in the event of a crash, and connect you to the 999 operator, hence the car has a built-in 4G radio which it can use for other purposes.

I have leant on it a couple of times, once a neighbour was good enough to point it out ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Presumably they are just very skilled at using a physical lock pick.

Reply to
Tim J

I upset someone who wanted to borrow my keys, to see if they would open his car because he had locked his in, by opening his car with a tea spoon.

Car locks are easy.

Reply to
invalid

There was no one next to the lock when the van unlocked.

Reply to
ARW

He was lucky.

AKA