mains-powered MP3 player

Is there such a thing as a mains-powered MP3 player? What I'm after is a boombox which stores MP3 files in flash memory, transferable along a USB cable. No need for it to play CDs. Would be nice if it had an AUX-IN jack too.

If there isn't, what are some ways to hack together something like this?

Thanks in advance!

Harry

Reply to
Harold Davis

several of my local charity shops have this

plays off an SD card. I don't now if it connects via USB.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

That appears to be an ad supported music rental delivery system.

"Box remains property of Amazing . . . . . "

Ongoing charges etc.

Reply to
fred

Well, have you taken apart a boom box or a Sovereign player and had a look at the module. I have not tried it but one assumes that there has to be a way to get at the audio input. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I have one of these in my workshop

but without the FM radio, works ok but not exactly HiFi

but ok for MP3

-
Reply to
Mark

In article , Mark writes

Dinky, at that price I might be prepared to ignore the obviously fictional headline power claims.

Good tip, thanks.

Reply to
fred

if you do buy one they seem fussy about the power supply don?t like some SMPs or unfiltered transformer type wall-warts

200w = new Chinese C-PMPo for 10w rms :(

-

Reply to
Mark

In article , Mark writes

Thanks for the warning, I'll bear that in mind. I'm looking for some distributed amplification around the house and these little things seem like a sensible way to do it.

Reply to
fred