Magnets for oven gloves

T'other half is searching eBay for magnets to sew into oven gloves. A bought pair of magnetic oven gloves (

came with 1=BC" donut shaped (presumably ferrite) magnets which seem to have a bit more oomph than the typical penny-sized button on a fridge magnet.

One glove weighs about 130g. Information from eBay sellers is scant regarding pull strength. Are these items likely to be up to the job:

for any pointers.

Reply to
mike

we have neodymium magnets in various gloves/towels - they seem a little strong but by the time they are sewn in the fabric they work quite well

see ebay item 130593849615 - info on pull strength is listed

Reply to
Ghostrecon

Do they cure arthritis as well?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

no, but they make your heart get 20% better mpg, as well as 20% less emissions from your exhaust pipe, and you need to take your head off for a de-coke much less often too.

Reply to
Gazz

Thanks for any pointers.

I have this vision of not being able to let go of some piece of very hot cookware, or accidently dragging it off the worktop onto the floor.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

And they only work if you're facing north.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Ah, and if hung over the water pipe they obviously soften the water as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You don't have any choice!

Reply to
PeterC

I hung mine the wrong way round. 8-( Now I'm getting the same mpg as a Chieftain and the kettle looks like a stalagmite.

Reply to
Andy Dingley