Mac cat 839 won't keep running

Bought this second hand with a punctured primer. I've replaced the primer and fuel pipes and it started ok but dies after a 30-45 seconds. I've stripped and cleaned the carb and that has made no difference.... is this a problem anyone else has had?

Reply to
Maxman1200

Choke adjustment?

Reply to
newshound

I don't know that particular one, but a blocked air vent in the filler cap is a favourite. It runs until it's sucked enough fuel out of the tank to make a vacuum, then it can suck no more.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris