Low voltage plug/socket for underwater in pond

Interesting to see TNP quoting Paul Krugman ...

Reply to
jkn

For once he said something true.

The exception proves the rule.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

eBay item number: 324266538935

Reply to
Clive Arthur

IP67, so only 30 mins underwater rated

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes, they're the ones mentioned fairly early on in this thread. However it's not clear (and I can't find detailed specs) what diameter wire these will successfully work with. I *suspect* that they're for typical car wiring loom type wire of 3/4/5mm diameter, my little pumps have much thinner wire than this.

Reply to
Chris Green

Searching around a bit and I've found more information, there are Green seals for 1.2 to 1.6mm diamter, yellow for 1.7 to 2.4mm and read for 2.5 to 3.3mm.

So, if I get green seals, these would work OK. They're quite cheap (about £1 each) so I'll try some. Even if they let the water in after a while I don't think this will be a big issue.

Reply to
Chris Green

I'd regard those Tyco pattern ones as "splash proof" at best, not for immersion.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

He recently shut hisshed door, aged IIRC 96.

Reply to
Brian D