Low Voltage Lighting - Fuse

I have a B&Q / Made in China light fitting with 4 x 12v 20W bulbs.

The fuse has blown - I think it was more a case of the holder melting and destroying the fuse.

I have fitted a new holder but am having trouble finding a fuse - the label in the fitting calls for a 250v 10 amp Slo-Blow 20 x 5mm. It is in the secondary.

Local shop that sells TV and project spares doesn't have one - neither Maplins. Any suggestions?

Reply to
John

code 488-8567 ?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

John said the following on 31/01/2006 15:58:

Rumble

The voltage here is a red herring, as only the rated current 10A and speed (fast or slow) are important. Some slow-blow fuses are labelled T (short for timed). The length and diam of the fuse are standard: 20 x 5mm. Maplins, Rapid and RS will sell these easily. When replaced, take 3 of the 20W bulbs out and then try one at a time, adding them if/when all are OK singly. Or there may be a shorted holder or its wiring. Jim

Reply to
Jim Gregory