Fuse for Desk Lamp 10mm x 3.6mm 1.0 Amp 250 Volt

Hi,

The halogen bulb went in my Tchibo desk lamp last week - put a new one in but still not working - checked plug wiring and fuse - all OK.

Taking the base off I've found a fuse holder with the smallest fuse I've ever seen just 10mm long x 3.6mm Dia. It's 1 Amp 250V

I've Googled but not found a supplier - any ideas of where to try

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Maplin

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Without check> A range of fuses with nickel-finish brass end caps, overall

I think I've seen such smaller fuses before, but since I don't have to do component-level diagnosis this decade, I've not got a catalogue to hand. Looking through rswww.com (Radio Spares) ... you've got something pretty unusual. What country does it come from? Somewhere oriental, I'd guess, though I've seen some pretty weird looking stuff in Russia too. Get some 1A fuse wire, wrap it around the fuse body, optionally put heat-shrink over the body to keep the wire snug, and pop the fuse back in.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

Hi,

Thanks - Yep - I'd looked at Maplins they don't show anything smaller than 20mm - and I've got 20mm in assorted voltate/current in my bits and pieces box. The one that's blown is defiantly 10mm - the fuse older was a small plastic box and I had to prise the lid off with a small screwdriver - the fuse was held in place on the underside of the lid - bit like some 13amp plugs where you can prise the fuse out without having to unscrew and remove the lid of the plug.

No joy on RS website either

I've got one of the local electrical factors trying to track down a supplier as well.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Good luck, but I've never seen a replaceable one that small. I sort of thought 20mm was about the minimum length to stop flame propagation at 240 volts and still allow decent end caps for current handling on a universal design.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's a Littelfuse, series 676 or 677...

No idea where to get it.

Any chance you can request a sample? Or pop in a new fuse holder?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Those appear to be axial lead types so don't fit a conventional fuse holder?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Darn, you're right. Missed that. And it's listed as to 3.9 in the spec.

, perhaps?

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

Hi Thanks for that

Regards

Steve.

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

Hope you read the rest of the thread...;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Kid gloves are off time, eh?

Reply to
Aidan Karley

I did the obvious and Googled for it

which produced a number of results, including the several you've mentioned. Some of the larger pictures show that the axial-leaded versions have metal caps on each end, so fitting them into a more-or-less normal clip type holder should work. Finding one of *those* is going to be fun though.

Reply to
Aidan Karley

Try uk.farnell.com for part number MULTICOMP MCPDS 001. I have the same problem with a bedside wall lamp. I have ordered 10 today (minimum order). If it works OK I will be happy to send you some.

Regards

John Madeley

snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Reply to
John Madeley

Very generous, but after seven years Steve may well have a new desk light.

Reply to
Graham.