Lost Tools Revisited

Its true I tell ya,their mowers have the orange plug,as did their power tools but they changed it to black now with black plugs. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

The message from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words:

Really?

Anyway, it'd soon be a selling point if one firm started doing it.

Reply to
Guy King

Probably hoping to widen the product appeal in areas where orange isn't a favoured colour politically :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In the house every plug is labeled with the appliance name.

Julie, Ethel, Wayne ...

Of course not!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I feel sick ...

.Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Silver and gold pens cope with those.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

I find they rub off.

Reply to
Guy King

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Owain

I used Unibond bathroom and shower sealant from the local shed. Expensive at 8 quid a go but it's so bloody waterproof it's v.difficult to smooth it after application 'cos it sticks to

*everything*. Flexible too, the only thing that broke it in our case was for some reason the shower tray managed to drop a few mm (don't ask why, I dunno yet!) and the stuff stretched and broke the grout on the surrounding tiles resulting in much leakage.....

The moral to this tale is if yer tray doesn't drop this stuff is good! IMO obviously.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Reply to
Owain

Nope, just el cheapo IKEA storage boxes. If a power tool has a decent case like my SIP 18v nailer then I keep it in that, otherwise its an IKEA box,

The 'standard' box carries all the common stuff and is always loaded in the car no matter what job. I use a bucket boss type of thing on wheels with a retractable handle, made by B&D. Any tool common to several tasks goes in there.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Oh, that's a point. Mine haven't showed any signs of wear but perhaps I don't handle my plugs as often as you do. Since he did the kitchen and fitted more sockets so that there's one dedicated for every plug (at the moment) it's not necessary to move them.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to
Bob Eager

Missed the point, I fear...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have, basically, 4 tool boxes.

First is drill and fill, with all that entails. Second is cutting, that has saws of all types. Third is smoothing, that contains plains, chisels, sanders. Fourth is my router box. 2 routers and all that they need. This is the largest tool box I have.

All the rest is on the shelf in my shed in a logical order.

To answer your question, no, I can't find a bloody thing :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

In need of complementary medicine, perhaps ;-)

Reply to
PJ

Its annoying that so many potentially ideal cases are designed so stupidly. Do no manufacturers think a more sensible design would be another selling point? A minor one, but a properly laid out case with some space for the aftermarket stuff (eg sandpaper, saw blads etc) would add to the reputation

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"Mary Fisher" wrote

If I could afford those I doubt I'd be doing quite so much DIY!

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

I think we have some 'straws' of something similar, nicked from the Hilton, along with service stations sugar sachets somewhere. It's years since we went to a service station to take on cargo.

Lucky we don't have workmen here. We do have the odd guest with no palates ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

It's Fathers' Day, allegedly, coming up. Ask the kids to get you some, they'll think you're cool.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher