Loose Drum Drive on Hoover Logic 1000 washing machine

Hi folks,

I am having a recurring problem with the above machine. The bolt attaching the drive pulley wheel to the back of the drum keeps working loose. It is 'locked ' using a mild steel plate with its lugs bent over the flats of the bolt head. The plate is so soft it doesn't hold for long.

I have tried a lockthread type glue with only a marginal improvement. I can think of several potential cures but would appreciate your help/advice. Firstly, the thread on the bolt looks rather sad - does anyone possibly know the thread size of the bolt, and would a replacement be worth a try? Secondly, would it be worth making a new locking-plate from a stronger metal, or would this cause a potential problem? Thirdly, would it be worth using a stronger glue on the bolt thread?

My latest attempt is to use a split sprung washer. I will know in a a few washes whether it's successful. Apart from this problem the machine works well and I am reluctant to replace it for this relatively minor, but annoying, fault.

Thanks in advance, Alan D

Reply to
Alan Darlington

working

improvement.

Use a split sprung washer, and an application of 'Locktite', plus plenty of tension, but not too much or you might shear the bolt. Sprag the pulley when applying the tension.

Reply to
Gavin Gillespie

I had a logic 1300 it only lasted 5 years before the main bearing went. They're rubbish, get a nice reliable Bosch..

Reply to
BillR

Is there enough spare thread on the bolt to use another nut a locknut against the original?

Reply to
Tony Williams

Perhaps trying 'thread-lock' on reassembly of the item, Or source a nylock nut of the correct size as replacement for the original. Either can be purchased from your local motor-spares place, (eg. Halfords etc )

Reply to
JonH

Hi Gents,

Thanks again for your help and advice.

Cheers,

Alan

ps. Does anyone know how to change one's email address on these Google groups?. I'm sick to death of being offered ways to extend my whizzer or fill in the bald patches etc - on my head.

Reply to
Alan Darlington

Which piece of software do you use to collect your e-mail and news posts ?

Reply to
BigWallop

Alan, the problem is, they're not specifically Google groups, Google just provides access to read/write to them. As Google makes you specify a valid email address in order to activate and use your account, the only way to get around this problem is to use a different news reader such as Outlook Express (perhaps configured through your ISP) which will allow you to specify a duff email address.

Luke

Reply to
RancidPants