Looking for old adverts for houses in 1970s

I am looking for old adverts from property pages in local newspapers in England in the mid 1970s. Haven't found anything on the internet so far.

MM

Reply to
MM

Ok, keep us posted though won't you......

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

I am looking for old adverts from property pages in local newspapers in England in the mid 1970s. Haven't found anything on the internet so far.

Does anyone know where I might find some?

MM

Reply to
MM

Go to your local record office. They will have plenty of old newspapers for you to look at

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

What about the microfiches of your local newspaper archives? These are often found at the public library.

Reply to
Mike Halmarack

Try a library for back issues or advice on same.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

|I am looking for old adverts from property pages in local newspapers |in England in the mid 1970s. Haven't found anything on the internet so |far.

Your Local Central Library will have the Local Newspapers going back to the year dot. Find the Local studies section. They are usually on Microfilm.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Local newspaper office will have back issues.

Reply to
Aidan

"District" Libraries usually have micro-filmed copies of local (and national) newspapers. You haven't specified any particular 'local'.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Yes, I had thought of that. But I want to see prices of houses where I used to live, in Kent. I now live in the Fens.

MM

Reply to
MM

Maidstone - Ashford rural district. Large house. 19 bedrooms. 3 acres. Approx 1975.

MM

Reply to
MM

Hmm; I don't know the area ... but you do know how to 'Google' presumably?

Thirty-odd seconds of cut'n'pasting got me the following;-

Library, St. Faiths' Street, Maidstone ME14 1LH Telephone (01622)

752344

Archives - Centre for Kentish Studies, County Hall, Maidstone ME14 1XQ Telephone (01622) 694363

Newspapers

a.. Maidstone Adscene, 3 Broadway Centre, Maidstone ME16 8PS Telephone (01622) 690339 b.. Kent Messenger Group Ltd, 6-7 Middle Row, Maidstone ME14 1TG Telephone: Newsroom (01622) 695666/ Advertising (01622) 695777 c.. Weald Courier, 2 Imber Court, High Street, Cranbrook TN17 3HE Telephone (01580) 713692

As 'they' say; - 'ask a man who knows' ... there should be a contact at one of these telephone numbers that will be able to zero-in your vague enquiry.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock