Looking for name of fancy bricks

Any idea what these are called? I can't find them on any B&Q/builders merchant website: https://goo.gl/maps/Ua7VMV3GLME2 The variable sized bricks on the convex part of the house on the left.
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

Coursed Building Stone http://www.blackmountainquarries.co.uk/products/building-stone-and-walling/coursed-building-stone/
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On Mon, 29 May 2017 16:18:09 +0100, "James Wilkinson Sword"

If you mean the ones on the bay aren't they just reconstituted stone?
AJH

I'm finding them now. They're not in the bricks section on the builder's merchant websites I was using. But searching "stone" brings up loads.
--
Kakistocracy - Government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/kakistocracy
On Monday, 29 May 2017 16:18:12 UTC+1, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:

It's stone you goof. Either real or fake. Looks real to me.
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message

Hideous springs to mind - other wise faux stone cladding as often seen on newly sold council houses.

No, they're on the nicer homes around here. Council houses have pebbledash, gravel driveways (if any), and paving slabs for paths. That's ugly. Why would you want plain walls when you can have a nice natural texture?
--
I met this gal in a bar and one thing lead to another. I said, "Let's go back to my place."
She said, "Oh, do you have cable?"

Yep.

Only because there is nothing but slums there.

Fake stone is even uglier, because its fake.

Nothing natural about that, its as artificial as bricks, just more variable.
And that isnt real stone blocks, its thin slices of stone stuck on to presumably brick but may even be stuck on to cement sheet etc.

But most aren't fake.

No, you can get genuine sandstone etc, brick sized, for actually making a wall, not sticking onto it.
--
There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

That one is.

Yep.

And that one is thin slices of stone stuck on to bricks or even just cement board.

I've touched some of them on that or houses in the same street, they are real stone.

Why do you constantly slice my post into parts and say the same thing twice? Are you bored?
--
Six stages of married life:
1: Tri-weekly

Because it doesn't get through first time around?

His (or your, you sound like one of his socks) things you say are usually bollocks.
--
Some believe that the world converting to the metric system would greatly simplify our measures. But look what would really happen to our old cliches:
A miss is as good as 1.6 kilometres.

They are fake in the sense of being slices of stone glued to whats behind them, usually cement board.

Because I comment on particular bits of what has been said and do that so its clear which bit the comment applys to.

Because you are so thick that once never works.

With your pathetic excuses for trolls, yep.

They can be, you can also get whole ones to make the wall out of. Anyway, who cares what's underneath if the part you can see is real?

As do I, but you often slice it up and say the same thing two or three times in a row.

If once doesn't work, neither will twice, I'm stubborn.

Then stop replying to me all the time. Anyone would think you're obsessed with me.
--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9

e_remove_me.mawson.org.uk> escribió: > council houses.
"Sandpiper Meadow"
*vomits*
--
(\_/)
leas

It's better than the neighbouring "Garganey", which in Scots is pronounced nothing like the English would. It's a bird by the way.
-- Sweet dreams are made of cheese, who am I to diss a Brie? I cheddar the world and the feta cheese, everybody's looking for Stilton.
On Monday, 29 May 2017 17:39:51 UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:

Too irregular for that.

All the council houses here are pebbledashed, and a lot of the normal houses too. Fuck knows why. Bare red brick looks so much better.
--
Her voice had that tense grating quality, like a first-generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.

I thought you were in Scotland. It's called "harling" and is a weatherproof coating appled to many buildings - not just council houses. Bricks made in Scotland tended to be porous, so harling was needed to keep out the rain. It was also used to give a uniform appeareance to the outside of some older, stone, buildings.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England