Chubb 8012 window lock - removal?

I've got a couple of Chubb 8012 locks that won't latch but I can't spot the screws that hold them on the metal window frame and can't find a pic on t'web. Is anyone here familar with these locks?

Reply to
nospam

A bit squished, but enough of a clue?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks, it made me realise there was a rubber bung at the top that hid one of the screws. On my locks it had been painted over and just looked like a bump on the casting. Three faulty locks now dismanted, oiled and working - two more to go.

Reply to
nospam

Do they have different keys? Some replacement windows we have have identical keys (and don't look line conventional lever lock keys either). What's the point of locks without proper paired keys?

Reply to
mechanic

Given you have to be *inside* the house to operate the window locks, why have individual keys? They use keys rather than latches so they aren't accessible by e.g. hooking coathangers through seals or smaller open windows.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thief smashes glass, then opens window for comfortable entry!

How do insurance companies view these keyless windows, in light of their insistence on BS compliance for locks and keys?

Reply to
mechanic

Anyone that's willing to smash glass is already in, and could find other ways past a few bits of jagged glass ... hopefully the jagged glass will help to extract DNA evidence :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns