Mobile home window operator

Hope this is not OT here. I can't find a mobile home group that has a reasonable amount of activity.

Does anyone know of a good replacement for the awning window side mount operator? The only ones I can find are made of die-cast zinc and only last a short time before the gears strip, in spite of my being careful when opening and closing them. Does anyone make good steel or other sturdy metal operator? All I've found so far with Google are zinc. Nothing local.

TIA

Reply to
Ken Knecht

Ken,

Sorry not to have a definitive answer but I suspect that a machine shop supplier would sell pinion (?) gears. Can you press off the stripped gear?

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

Not sure if you might find a "steel" one, but here is a toll free number to call and ask the company.

Mobile Home & RV Windows: ( this page )

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren