I have been saying they need a bigger Wagobox...

Looks rather useful in certain situations. No affiliation - just happened to notice whilst looking for their DIN box that I will use for my heating wiring...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Not seen a wago connector in the flesh myself but do they cope well with stranded conductors which tend to be found on things like motorised heating valves?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

IMLE yes - both stranded cable and flex - provided you pick the right ones for the job.

Reply to
Robin

xl-junction-box.html

221 successor to 222 , one of the handy abilities is stranded and solid wit h wide acceptance

Solid/Stiff Stranded cable cores with a c.s.a. from 0.2mm² to 4.0mm? ? Flex cable cores with a c.s.a. from 0.14mm² to 4.0mm2

.html

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

The lever ones do - I've used those a lot. Obviously the push type don't!

Reply to
Tim Watts

That seems to be a new design.

There are two types in my collection, one for single strand connectors is push in, the other has "levers" operating an over-centre toggle and that will grip solid or stranded.

They are so quick and convenient that I carry some in my "ordinary" toolbox as well as chocolate blocks. If you need to breadboard something or just do a quick and dirty fix, they are ideal.

Reply to
newshound

My poor-man's version of the Cliff QT1 is a cut-off 13A mains lead with three 222-412 connectors on the end! And no, it doesn't get left where any kids could get hold of it ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I see it says it's for 221 rather than 222 connectors.

The genuine 222 connectors come in 2, 3 and 5 way, just noticed that knock-off ones on aliexpress also come in 4 and 8 way!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just had a reply from them, the XL box won't take the older 222 lever connectors, only the slimmer 221, only mail-order so far as they're arranging distribution at the moment ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Interesting, thanks to both of you for the information.

Reply to
Adam Funk