I have been saying they need a bigger Wagobox...

https://www.connexbox.com/shop/wagobox-and-din-rail-enclosures/wagobox-xl-junction-box.html
Looks rather useful in certain situations. No affiliation - just happened to notice whilst looking for their DIN box that I will use for my heating wiring...
Tim Watts wrote:

Not seen a wago connector in the flesh myself but do they cope well with stranded conductors which tend to be found on things like motorised heating valves?
Bob
On 29/05/2017 11:43, Bob Minchin wrote:

IMLE yes - both stranded cable and flex - provided you pick the right ones for the job.
--
Robin
On Monday, May 29, 2017 at 11:43:30 AM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:

xl-junction-box.html

221 successor to 222 , one of the handy abilities is stranded and solid wit h wide acceptance
Solid/Stiff Stranded cable cores with a c.s.a. from 0.2mm² to 4.0mm? ? Flex cable cores with a c.s.a. from 0.14mm² to 4.0mm2
https://www.connexbox.com/wago-221-415-compact-5-port-lever-clamp-connector .html
On 5/29/2017 1:27 PM, Adam Aglionby wrote:

That seems to be a new design.
There are two types in my collection, one for single strand connectors is push in, the other has "levers" operating an over-centre toggle and that will grip solid or stranded.
They are so quick and convenient that I carry some in my "ordinary" toolbox as well as chocolate blocks. If you need to breadboard something or just do a quick and dirty fix, they are ideal.
newshound wrote:

My poor-man's version of the Cliff QT1 is a cut-off 13A mains lead with three 222-412 connectors on the end! And no, it doesn't get left where any kids could get hold of it ...
On 29/05/17 11:43, Bob Minchin wrote:

The lever ones do - I've used those a lot. Obviously the push type don't!
Tim Watts wrote:

I see it says it's for 221 rather than 222 connectors.
The genuine 222 connectors come in 2, 3 and 5 way, just noticed that knock-off ones on aliexpress also come in 4 and 8 way!
Tim Watts wrote:

Just had a reply from them, the XL box won't take the older 222 lever connectors, only the slimmer 221, only mail-order so far as they're arranging distribution at the moment ...
On 2017-05-30, Andy Burns wrote:

Interesting, thanks to both of you for the information.