Loft debris

With the summer approaching, I made an exploratory trip into the last great untamed wilderness over the weekend: the loft. The previous owners obviously decided they could live without their Hostess Heated Side Server (

, a bowel X-ray and a signed photograph of Dennis Waterman. But apart from these, there's a lot of what appears to be mortar fillets scattered over the fibreglass:

house is 1930s, and I'm pretty sure it's been re-roofed, so I'm guessing this is mortar that was discarded when the old ridge tiles were removed. Is this the most likely source? There seems to be an awful lot of it for a few metres of ridge.

Reply to
mike

More likely that the underside of the tiles where mortored instead of using sarking felt.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise that happened.

Reply to
mike

'Torching'

Reply to
Tabby

Thanks. Googled that and found some interesting stuff.

Reply to
mike

I would much rather have seen the signed photograph of Dennis Waterman.

A signed X-ray of Dennis Waterman's bowel - now that'd be worth something!

Reply to
Hugo Nebula