I've a gas fire that uses a Lithium battery Saft 2LSH20 for ignition.
These come in at about an eye watering £40 each and last less than a
I replaced it with 5 1.5V alkaline cells which are considerably cheaper
but seem to last about the same time. There is still a considerable
charge in the cells - 4A into a S/C.
My questions are :-
1) Why don't they last ? Does it draw current all the time, or only
during ignition or while the fire is on? Is there a minimum voltage ?
The site says
"it depends on how often the unit is operated and how often it is left
2) Is there something better ?