Lithium batteries for Fire ignition

I've a gas fire that uses a Lithium battery Saft 2LSH20 for ignition.
These come in at about an eye watering £40 each and last less than a year.
https://cellpacksolutions.co.uk/products/batteries/saft-2lsh20-lithium-ga s-fire-ignition-battery-pack/
I replaced it with 5 1.5V alkaline cells which are considerably cheaper but seem to last about the same time. There is still a considerable charge in the cells - 4A into a S/C.
My questions are :-
1) Why don't they last ? Does it draw current all the time, or only during ignition or while the fire is on? Is there a minimum voltage ?
The site says
"it depends on how often the unit is operated and how often it is left on."
2) Is there something better ?
Brian
--
Brian Howie

Does seem strange. After all if you can use normal batteries why up the cost of building it by including an expensive battery that does not recharge, or is it that its supposed to but won't. Brian
--
----- -

Are they easy to change? If so get two sets of re-chargeables. They will need changing more frequently, but save money.
--
*The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

On Saturday, 25 June 2016 10:45:44 UTC+1, Brian Howie wrote:

a mains power supply?
Owain