Limelight Direct

Considering buying a bed from Limelight Direct, has anyone used them Thank you E

Reply to
Leveled

No, but when I bought a new bed about 12 months ago, I visited about half a dozen stores and did try lying down on each of the beds I considered. I suddenly came across the one that was right for me.[1] That ended the search.

Remember how much time you spend in bed. Buying a bed by mail order is like buying a pig in a poke, unless you've actually been around trying beds to decide on the model you want. Buying a bed purely off a web site illustration, don't go there.....

[1] which was a 1600 spring, and not exactly cheap.
Reply to
The Wanderer

This is for a guest bed a single with a folding bed beneath,our local bed shops don't have these.it seems the choice of mattress determines the final price

Reply to
Leveled

To a point, you lie on the mattress, what supports that is another matter...

I'd not buy a matress mail order without knowing what it was like having tried one in a shop but a bed I can't see a problem with other than possibly poor quality.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

-------------------8><

Better than poking the pig?

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

...and determines how well the mattress is supported. I'd say the two work together. The same mattress may feel different on a solid base compared to a sprung base.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Making your own bed gives you exactly what you want in every respect, and the cost is very small. And theyre simple.

If you go with slts, definitely avoid the spaced out slat arrangement so popular.

meow2222

Ikea has slats available and gives 25 year guarantee on the matress. One matress I was looking at is single-sided, so can't even be turned.

My present base is a sheet of plywood with quite a lot of 12mm holes drilled in it - avoids too much pressure and allows ventilation.

Reply to
PeterC

Ah, yes, they claim 10% of Europeans are conceived on an IKEA bed. I think there's a long waiting list to use it though.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We bought a king size bed frame with 'planks' - and replaced them with Ikea-sourced slats. Had to cut them down to fit (IIRC they were a touch too long and I think we bought three and added some of them to ensure there was no gap at the ends.)

Worked pretty well.

Today happened to notice they even do an electrically adjustable slat set - for around 140 quid (single). Not sure if they would/could fit but very tempting. (Partner has developed problems that need her legs to be raised a bit.)

Reply to
Rod

Spring versus flat sheet versus slatted makes a huge difference.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Leveled" saying something like:

Yes, but it was the applause that put me off. All that stamping and whistling.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon