Re: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A3100?= cordless drill?

Benevolent employer giving me £100 for a drill - just seen a Hitachi

> DV18DVC for £98 from Screwfix - anyone got a better idea? Will need > bits too..

Makita 18V from Screwfix. £79. Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Agreed. Bargain of the century.

Makita make brilliant drill drivers, really feel good in the hand, great speed control, plenty of welly.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What would that offer then? Never used a DeWalt, so no experience of them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Seconded, bought one two weeks ago, very happy with it. Spend the extra

20quid on a selection of drill bits etc. or the Makita accessory kit for 14.99 and a bacon butty from the van outside (assuming yours has the same arrangement as mine).
Reply to
Clint Sharp

Noticed in B&Q ( a large one) that they have a Makita twin pack on offer, combi drill & drill driver, two bats & a charger in a case for £97 ish. Think they were 14:4v.

Worth a look, very handy sometimes having a combi & a driver.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman