Lighting circuit short

OK, but this is (or was) a DIY forum. Sorting-out and repairing the chase would be a couple of hours each, painting (once the plaster/filler has done its thing) would be 10-15 minutes per chase.

OK, but if the wiring is in good condition and passes the tests then it doesn't need to be replaced. OOI, last year I found some red/white/blue cable going to a light switch - it was in perfect condition but I had to pull it out because I wanted a second drop for a 2-gang switch.

Reply to
nothanks

When we moved in here the previous owners said they had had it all completely rewired, so "at least you won't need to spend anything on the electrics"

I remembered that comment as my TLC orders total crept past a grand!

Reply to
John Rumm

Traditionally radial - rarely rings. Note that radial does not necessarily mean a linear chain, you can have as many branches as you want along the way. These are not "spurs" as such.

There are times you can have a spur on a radial - where you say branch from a 32A 4.00mm^2 radial power circuit, with a 2.5mm^2 spur to a socket. The distinction is often that with the spur you switch responsibility for overload protection from the circuit protective device (CPD) at the origin of the circuit, to some other device or mechanism (while main CPD still provides the fault protection)

It can be just about anything. There is not usually a need for it being a ring at 230V, since the cables are usually running at substantially below their maximum rating.

Not specifically about lighting - unless say installing a new circuit in a room with a sauna:

John Rumm

That reminds me - I should buy some shares in Wago!

Reply to
Jeff Layman