Light bulbs

Without wanting to re-open old debates, does anyone know where I can get good quality, branded 40W pearl GLS incandescent light bulbs? As supplies dwindle, eBay sellers now seem only to be punting out unknown unbranded bulbs - the sister of a neighbour bought something like this, and every one blew within a short time of being fitted.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I get mine from the Lighting Superstore:

sure they are branded but they last.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Maybe being bumped around in the postal system is the reason that they failed.

I was surprised to see 100w bulbs for sale only this morning. Thought they were history.

mark

Reply to
mark

Or 230volt (or even 220volt) from abroad.

Reply to
<me9

Superstore:

> Not sure they are branded but they last.

Thanks. I can but try a pack of ten and see how they go.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Unbranded are fine IME, but posted is not. Wickes and poundland were both selling them last time I looked.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Homebase as well ( or at least they were a couple of weeks ago), but they were the own-brand 40W candle bulbs.

-- Halmyre

Reply to
Halmyre

Our local Tesco has a big pile of them by the front door - Philips, I think. Big sign "Last chance to buy" over them.

Been there for weeks and not showing any sign of selling.

Reply to
Skipweasel

UK spec is now 230V. Fiddled to make it near as damnit the same as before by sliding the tolerances around. We're at 245V here which is still in range.

Reply to
Skipweasel

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net writes

With bayonet caps?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Perhaps they should move them to mine.

They had a bin of the "last chance" bulbes the day after Xmas, nothing in it worth buying and the shop's now completely empty of old fashioned bulbs

tim

Reply to
tim....

Anyone seen this German attempt to get round the EU rules?

impressive!

Reply to
Lobster

Unfortunately, he lost when they took him and/ or his suppliers to court, and I suspect will also lose the appeal. That's why he's currently out of stock.

Shame.

Reply to
John Williamson

In article , Lobster writes

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They won't work in the UK. The screw thread is the wrong way round!! ;o)))

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Ian Jackson gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Nah, you're thinking of southern hemisphere.

Reply to
Adrian

Translated from a chat with an Austrian barmaid.

"Germans are like Austrians, but with a sense of humour."

Nice girl, she was/ is.

Reply to
John Williamson

Yeah so do a couple of our stores, I didn't look closely but the ones I saw were clear not pearl.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Could well be - I didn't look that closely, having no use for such things.

Reply to
Skipweasel

But incandescents are still 240 volt in UK, and other voltages as appropriate in other harmonised countries.

253 is still the upper limit, I goove.
Reply to
<me9