Light bulbs

Dang, I just posted that.

Reply to
Huge

Here in NZ where we don't have regulations about light bulbs, we have vast supplies of incandescent bulbs, even Edison carbon filiament bulbs in their original 1905 packets!

Reply to
Matty F

The pearl ones were banned first, I think, due to their greater baby- eating capacity.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Maybe, but I wonder if the bumping around they get in the post is any worse than they would get in transit to a shop that would sell them?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

LOVE IT!!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't think it's needed in the UK, as the act which brings the EU ruling into UK law was badly written and unenforcable (unless it's been fixed since). It was tacked on to another energy efficiency act at the last minute, and no offence was added for the light bulb part. Which is why you can still find 100W lamps in many places which are not part of the voluntary agreement (supermarkets, mainly).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , geraldthehamster writes

Yeah, but there area still some around being sold

Reply to
chris French

For incan bulbs, it actually matters. Life is proportional to 1/V^16. (240/230)^16 = about half life, running a 230V designed bulb on 240.

Reply to
Ian Stirling