Lidl Offers

Next Monday (22nd) is a 'tools of the trade' day.

Of special interest, 188 hollow wall anchors in a case for 16.99. And of course their HSS drill set (0.5 - 10mm in 0.5mm steps in a decent steel case) for 7.99. And a selection of adhesives.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That bench vice for £17 looks a bargain. Shame I don't need one:-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

The double sided organiser boxes are good value at 2.99, got some of them the last time.

Any opinions on the drill sharpener?

Reply to
fred

Has *anyone* ever bought their "Men=E2=80=99s Work Dungarees Each =C2=A3= 9.99"?

And if you have, do you ever wear them in public?

Reply to
polygonum

They are definitely for consenting adult sin the privacy of their own home :-)

I will vouch for both the Baufix wood stain as I painted my shed with it and it still looks good 4 years later, and the mitre saw as I have the same one for 4 years (built the shed with it) and its still going strong.

Mike

Reply to
MuddyMike

So very glad you wrote that.

Both parts.

No need for Baufix - I get a decent discount on decent quality painty =

things through my employment. :-)

Have just got halfway through a large amount of cutting using a manual =

mitre saw - and tedious it is. So I was going to ask about the mitre saw= . =

For me, capacity is not a main issue. I want one to be very usable, =

reasonably accurate and with acceptable reliability/life. And is it wort= h =

getting the set of blades? Or is the supplied one adequate to most uses?=

Reply to
polygonum

It's new to them, I think. If it does work well I'd buy one. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Bought a pair ages ago - before they went mad with the colours. Lasted well.

I don't go to those sort of parties. ;-)

Their 'winter' boiler suits were great too for working on the car in cold weather.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

At least they don't have German double zip fly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I bought the Auriol radio-controlled weather station with external sensor a few months ago for £9.99 and it's been brilliant. I've got the sensor in the loft, not outside, so that I can get a warning in winter if the pipes might freeze.

Only problem is I've lost the user guide and cannot find a pdf ANYwhere on the web. The same product is back in the stores as of last week, so I might buy another, photocopy the guide and give the item to someone for Christmas.

MM

Reply to
MM

I wouldn't call them dungarees, but I do wear a bib & brace every day

Navy with a pale blue polo, both embroidered with the TMH logo.

Built in knee pads - and they avoid the number one turnoff for lady clients - builders bottom.

Very comfy, not as hot as overalls & 100% tax deductible.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Are these links any good to you?

?f=3D3&t=3D27

Reply to
mike

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

I hate being the guinea pig, that squeaking does my head in.

Reply to
fred

remember what button presses led me there as I try to build up a command tree in my head. Actually, now I remember: When I got really frustrated because the radio control wasn't working (later I found this was due to the orientation of the unit - it has to point roughly south), I simply removed the batteries, then put them back and let the inital settings be restored. Then I only had to figure out how to move the time back an hour for the UK. I'm not really all that interested in the humidity or cloud displays, but the temperature of the local and remote sensors is very accurate and I'm very pleased with the way I can simply glance at the display in passing to see the temperature in the loft. Doesn't matter now in late summer, but in another couple or three months the device will really be handy once it starts getting colder. Dunno how long this gadget will last, but a relative once gave me a small radio-controlled alarm clock from Tschibo as a present and it lasted 15 years!

MM

Reply to
MM

How does this sort of sharpener get the relief on the cutting edges?

If there were a branch within a couple of miles I'd buy one just to see.

AJH

Reply to
andrew

I wonder then how these ladies react to 'fat ladies bottom' as seen all too frequently when someone who has (sadly; I'm *sure* they didn't plan it that way) reached the 300 lb. mark bends over on the bus.

Reply to
Windmill

Once I would have made a beeline to the store to buy one, but nowadays I simply buy a new drill bit. They are as cheap as chips in the smaller sizes that I tend to use.

MM

Reply to
MM

I think the drill axis isn't quite parallel to the wheel axis.

Reply to
Andy Dingley