Let's see if that makes everyone happy?

Following on from the plug fuse thread, how about:

<fx duck, runs for cover>
Reply to
John Rumm

In my collection of 13 amp fuses, is one with copper or brass end caps because they have turned green :-)

It is marked "Crabtree BS1362 (might be BS1352) BP 1167583"

Is it a collectors item ?

Reply to
Andrew

It sounds like it is a throw away or at least "frame" item :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I have some 'fuses' for plug tops turned from solid brass, for Russ Abbot^H^H^H^H^H Armstrong-type hifi improvement purposes...

Reply to
jkn

There's great quantities of noncompliant stuff around as well, mostly chinese.

Reply to
Animal

Yes, good point. I have added sections on non compliant kit and also fake fuses.

Reply to
John Rumm

If you say his name 3 times in front of a mirror will he appear?

Reply to
ARW

Where's the foil wrapped fuses?

Reply to
Max Demian

Gone. Modern kit has the fuses INSIDE the equipment where only 'competent personnel' can access them. 'No users serviceable parts inside'. The thinking being that if a fuse has gone, something serious has caused it to go.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Typical Russ. Most Hi-Fi enthusiasts will have one made from the cut-off from a volume control spindle. As only a volume control with a brass spindle is any good. Modern ones with plastic restrict the bass response.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The linked pages about fake equipment are interesting.

Reply to
Pamela

You mean that you don't get a dud fuse and a bit of 3A fuse wire and wrap it round either end cap and shove it back in? grin

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Nothing a small file won't fix. Brian