LED panel lights for workshop/storage outbuilding.

Any recommendations? I've been looking at the square 595/600mm types. Floor area just short of 30 sq m, 5m wide, 6m long. Ceiling slopes at each side, flat bit in middle (trusses look like a capital "A" that's been sat on by an elephant, flat area in middle of ceiling is about 2m wide. Cost-effective is good.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

A mate of mine did lighting for a work area in his "office" using them (TLC sourced I think). He was very pleased with the quality of the light for working in. Not sure how they will compare price wise with linear fluorescent/LED fittings for your application though.

Reply to
John Rumm

I think you have a point there, thank you. Screwfix have

which works out "rather cheaper" per lumen (half the price), and easier to replace individually rather than the whole thing.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Are you using it mainly for storage or also to work in? If the latter I would personally prefer the more diffuse light you get from larger light sources, so you are not working in a shadow...

Reply to
John Rumm

I used panels from these people for my garage. The workshop area is illuminated with 4 of the 1200x600 and my side bench which is over 3m long, with two of the 1200x300 types like you this area is roughly 30 sq. metres. I used daylight colour temp. and I am very pleased with the results as I can easily see everything without casting shadows on anything I am working on.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

It will be partly for storage of old machinery, and partly for renovating the same. I was wondering about using (say) 8 LED bulbs like the ones in the link

suitably switched to avoid dark areas.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

BLT Direct

They gave me a really good deal when I bought these. And I'm really pleased with them.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

What ever you go for the more light the better if its a workshop especially if your eyes are ageing ! At least 1000 lumen per sq m.

Reply to
Robert

FWIW, bought those for the main ceiling lights in a few rooms. Very bright.

Reply to
RJH