LED Lights - help anyone please?

I bought 4 of these for our kitchen:

3 of them have failed, and Amazon have agreed that I should return the lot, including the replacements I bought.

They are circular panels (36W 3240LM 4000K). In retrospect, they are a bit too bright, so I'd settle for lower wattage. These ones allegedly have a 20,000 hour lifespan.

Can anyone recommend some reliable lights that look similar, but actually work, please?

Reply to
GB

I've bought a few of this type

not from this seller and I suppose with such commodity items from ebay/aliexpress/amazon, there's no guarantee the same supplier supplies the exact same items even a few weeks later, but they haven't broken down ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I use one of these to simulate daylight and stop me sleeping at night time when I'm supposed to be eyes-on-stalks....

I think with these type of things, there will be a minimum of two purchases per fitting per customer, for establishment of the right light level, given that - how else do ye do it?

I previously installed the 18w version - which made the office paperwork hard to read.

If some are not returned then the manufacturer profits must be huge!

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

I hear lots of stories about panels failing, and so avoid any "special" fitting.

That is the reason why I purchase fittings that take standard LED lamps where the fittings will likely outlast the building they're in.

I shall be shortly installing somelights, these will use standard fluorescent fittings to take standard LED tubes. If one fails I don't have to change all the lamps in 5 years time for the sake of one to ensure the batons matched.

Reply to
Fredxx

Interesting sounds like Amazon got a dodgy batch. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

This item isn't sold by Amazon, it's fulfilled by Amazon.

Reply to
David

I've had very good service from BLT Direct UK.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I bought two 18w versions a couple of years ago, I was so impressed with the quality of light from them, I bought an extra two as replacement spares. They are not the same fitting, but use the same clip on connection and probably the same electronics. I have had no failures at all.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.