leaking washing machine

Hi I have a Hoover Classica washing machine which, for no apparent reason, will leak water from the soap drawer when it is taking in water. It comes from the slight gap at the bottom of the drawer. It only does it sometimes and at first I thought that the drawer was not being closed properly but it is not that. I tried reducing the water pressure by half turning off the tap and thought that had fixed it until the next time I saw a pool of water on the floor. It can go for 3 or 4 washes without any leaks then the next time there is water on the floor. It is definately the soap drawer as the water runs down the front of the machine. I thought of taping the drawer closed then got the "how am I to put in the Lenor speech" I have cleaned out the drawer and all the holes and channels around it and also pushed a long handled bottle brush down all the holes and pipes leading from the drawer. I try it and there is no leaks for a while and then it will leak again. The only thing put in the drawer is the fabric conditioner as we use soap tablets. So has this happened to anyone else and if so how did they fix it.

Thanks Ron

Reply to
ron

You've got goop buildup in the pipes. You need a long brush on a wire that you can push down the pipe.

Pouring a quantity of boiling water down the tray may dissolve it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

*DON'T* level the machine! My Dyson did this (it also made a nasty knocking noise like a Gattling gun when it spun). I sorted it by not having the machine absolutely level - I made certain that the front feet were higher than the back ones! The result is that the drum hangs slightly further away from the door - and the water no longer seeps/runs out of the soap drawer!

HTH

Reply to
Paul King

Apart from the comment about making sure the macine is tilted back rather than level, I had (have) the same problem with our Whirlpool machine I eventually tracked the problem down to the drawer being fully CLOSED of all things! When closed, any slight "overspray" from the water supply into the drawer seemed to get drawn by a capilliary action out of the front of the machine between the bottom of the drawer. By leaving the drawer open 1/4 of an inch the problem was cured completely (for the last 3 years) !

Reply to
Pet