Leaking Tap Trouble

Hi,

I've got a leaking kitchen tap and not sure how to fix it. Bear in min im a complete DIY beginner. It is a mixer tap that has two handles fo hot and cold and there is a handle in the middle to turn it on and off the probem is that handle that turns it on and off does not stay in th off position and has a tendency to spring back to the on position. I there something i can get to repair the tap and what is the EXACT step to do this or are new taps required?

Thanks

-Coli

-- colinbragg

Reply to
colinbragg

There is no way anyone will be able to provide you with *exact* steps, unless you find someone who has recently dismantled the exact same tap. The usual thing to do is turn off the water, and try to figure out how the tap comes apart. Take the tap apart, and try to figure out what is causing the malfunction.

If you post links to some photos, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you how to start taking the tap apart; but that's really about as much as you can hope for.

Reply to
Grunff