Dimmer switch wiring

Hi,
I am pretty new to DIY so please go easy on me. I have a room wit light switches at either end of the room controlling the same light. Is it possible to add a dimmer switch to one or both and how.
Thanks -Coli
-- colinbragg
colinbragg wrote:

You could use a 2 way dimmer switch together with a 2 way non dimmer switch, but that might be inconvenient.
There are some dimmer switches which have master/slave options so you can dim from any switch
e.g http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VLIS1701.html
Make sure you feel up to the job before starting, or get a qualified sparky in letting them know this is the type of dimmer you want ...

If you get the type that is push on/off, these invariably have a two way switch. So can be used to replace *one* of the switches. Obviously, leave it dimmed and it will only switch on and off at this level from the other switch. But most don't dim out completely so this should be ok.
There are some two way dimmers available, but they are pretty costly. Don't know much about them other than that.
--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.