Leaking Mira Advance Shower

Hi,

My Mira Advance has a slight leak where the inlet meets the flow meter assembly.These push together wth an o-ring between and are held in a plastic clamp.

The o-ring looks OK, but could it have failed/shrunk/warped? Is there any other place the leak could come from?

Thanks.

Reply to
sadone_uk

In article , sadone snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

I'm looking at a similar problem with a Triton shower and yes an O-ring can become deformed and retain that shape as a memory. I've cleaned and dried the O-ring and all the mating surfaces and re-assembled it after coating the O-ring in silicone, not totally gooped, just enough to make up for the inelastic ring. Can't tell you if it has worked yet as I'm leaving it for

24hrs before using.
Reply to
fred

My first Mira shower had a copper boiler which eventually corroded, so you could be seeing a leak dribblling down from further up.

I have found Mira themselves to be helpful in the past and they sell spares directly. Sorry, don't have link or phone number.

Obvious warning: if you're running the unit with the lid off, lots of exposed live mains.

Al

Reply to
Al, Cambridge, UK